Sometimes I think about how noble and healthy it would to take the
plunge, and become vegan. But then I find amazing recipes like this one and I know it’s just never going
Grilled Eggplant Towers with Mozzarella and Tomatoes
Grilling the eggplant first adds lots of toasty, smoky flavor. Layer
in colorful heirloom tomatoes and fresh mozzarella slices for a real
Time: 60 minutes
- 1 organic eggplant, cut in thick slices
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 organic tomatoes, cut in thick slices
- 8 large basil leaves
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or fresh mozzarella, sliced thin – my preference)
1. Heat your grill to
2. Place the eggplant slices on a large baking sheet. Brush oil over the
slices. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Grill the eggplant slices for 5-7 minutes each side, until soft.
4. Assemble the towers by stacking the eggplant, mozzarella, tomatoes, basil
leaves. Place a sprinkle of mozzarella and an eggplant round on top.
5. Heat the towers in a 350° oven for 20 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve