|Thirteen Things about
MY LATE MEME
- I woke up late – skipped my shower, swore at the coffee pot. Should have sworn at myself as I am the one who didn’t clean it out Wednesday night.
- Kajsa was extremely grumpy yesterday morning, so not only was dressing her a real pain, but she additionally did not want a moment of alone time.
- Thursdays are the day that Kajsa has physical therapy at 1:00 and gymnastics at 3:15
- Both of these activities take place in Prescott, which is a 45 minute drive each way.
- It SNOWED for the first time. And although it was beautiful, it did make everyone drive very slowly. Added to this, is the fact that we live in Arizona where half the population is over 65. So you can just imagine what very slowly really means.
- After gymnastics, we needed to pick Maya up at the health food store and purchase some sundries.
- Later we had a 6:00 to 8:00 meeting with the school board about enrolling Maya in a new expeditionary learning high school. This sounds super cool, and I really hope her application is accepted.
- Although we left the meeting a little early, we still didn’t get home until around 8:30. This left only 30 minutes until ER. And I don’t like to miss ER, even when it’s a ridiculous re-run. Grrr.
- I spent that 30 minutes making and eating a quick dinner.
- Then for the next hour, I contentedly watched the aforementioned re-run of ER, while Chris and Maya baked cookies.
- After TV time, Kajsa needed to change into her PJs. This included, peepee time, argument about which slippers to wear, and wiggling to “amuse” Mommy.
- Then I needed to tear down & set up Kajsa’s dialysis machine, make her renal formula and load it into the feeding pump for her night feed, prepare her epotin shot and shepard both Chris and Kajsa into the bedroom long enough to calm Kajsa, stab Kajsa and then re-calm Kajsa. No, I don’t give the shots. That, folks, is exactly where I draw the line.
- Chris got a new fish on Wednesday. And although it only cost $2.50 (initially), there is copious research to be done. He must know the proper temperature of the tank for this fish. That way he can add up the ideal temperatures for each fish and then divide the sum to find his mean aquarium temperature. He also needs to know how it finds its “happy place". This way Chris can ascertain how many caves to create out of driftwood and where to strategically place the plants. It is all much more complicated than, we, the non-fishluvers would ever guess. So there was no way that I was going to have any computer time yesterday.
So, I’m sorry that I didn’t get my
Thursday 13 up by Thursday, but I kind of have a life sometimes. I can only hope that you all missed me.